Add some ambience to your outdoor space with a rustic DIY chandelier. Recycle a rusty old bicycle wheel and repurpose glass jars to create this attractive piece to set the mood for your next gathering of family and friends.
- Old bicycle rim (with spokes removed)
- Different sized glass jars
- Twitch wire
- Metal chain
- Hanging wire
- Wrap twitch wire around the rim of the jars, twitch to join the end of the wire at one side, leaving a long end to create the handle.
- Bring the wire over in a loop to make handle
- Before you twitch the wire to secure the handle on the opposite side of the jar be sure to thread a length of chain on each handle, this will be used to hang the jar from the bike rim.
- From the twitch wire, make small S shaped hooks (one for each jar you are attaching)
- Using the hanging wire, thread through the spoke holes on the bike rims and join at the top. (We used 3 lengths of wire evenly spaced around the wheel, so it hangs straight)
- Depending how you’d like your chandelier to hang you can attach a sturdy hook directly to the joined hanging wire or add a length of chain, so it hangs lower.
- Once the bike wheel is hanging, using your small handmade hooks, add the jars by hooking the chain to the spoke holes evenly around the wheel.
- To complete the chandelier just add tea candles to each jar.